The underlying hallmark of a Seychelles IBC is flexibility. The International Business Companies Act, 1994 (“the Act”) provides the legislative framework for licensed International Corporate Service Providers (“ICSPs”), to apply to the Seychelles Registry of Companies, for the re-domiciliation of companies, both in and from Seychelles. Re-domiciliation has the advantage of allowing the company to resume its corporate existence, and therefore preserve any agreements and/or obligations which it may have entered into during its corporate existence.
For companies wishing to re-domicile to the Seychelles, an application has to be made to the Registry of Companies, accompanied by the following documentation:
- An authenticated copy of the existing Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- At least three (3) copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association to be adopted by the company (vetted by the ICSP to ensure compliance with the Act);
- The Certificate of continuation issued by the Registrar of companies in the jurisdiction where the corporate entity seeking re-domiciliation in the Seychelles has been incorporated;
- Resolution giving effect to the change;
- Good standing certificate or equivalent
Continuation outside Seychelles
It is also possible to have the inverse situation, whereby an IBC may re-domicile outside Seychelles. Unless there is any express prohibition to the contrary in the Memorandum and Articles of Association and/or any fees or penalties due to the Registrar of Companies, an IBC may continue under the laws of a jurisdiction outside Seychelles in the manner set forth under the laws of the migrating jurisdiction. The application for the re-domiciliation of the IBC outside Seychelles must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A formal request has to be submitted by the ICSP; and
- A resolution giving effect to the change
Pursuant to the submission of these documents, the IBC shall be struck off the official company Register and a notice thereof shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Contact us to start the re-domiciliation process today. Simply fill in the below contact box or contact us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +357 2245 6363.